Monday, 21 October 2013

My weird Gamjatang ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Bought these from the supermarket near my guest house on the last day of my trip. Mum told me to place them and wrap them up in newspaper properly. I used normal paper instead and they made it well into my cooking pot the very next day. I didn't use all the 깻잎 (Perilla leaves) though cos that will be too much. Each packet cost KRW1000.

I was so worried that I couldn't bring them back. Thank goodness, I passed the custom. I did not hand carry them. I put them in my luggage to check in. The first veggies, 쑥갓 shown in the picture. Well, not too sure whether they are used in Gamjatang a not but they looked kinda familar from my last meal of Gamjatang ㅋㅋㅋ. Not sure whether they are available in SG a not, so I bought them anyway. 쑥갓 tends to perish more easily than 깻잎.

In my cooking pot.
I did not buy those big pig bones cos I thought they looked rather scary to handle them on my own...
I used pork ribs instead.

I smelled the 깻잎!!  However, I couldn't make out the taste. I followed the online recipe but I felt that something is missing somewhere ㅠㅠ  Maybe I did not follow the recipe correctly...sad...



No comments:

Post a Comment