Monday 13 February 2012

Kkottongnae - "Flower Village" in Korea


Korea was featured in the first episode of "The Activist Journey II".  Click here Big Heart; Big Love at Kkotongnae to view this local program.

I missed this program as I was doing overtime over the weekends.  Fortunately, I can view the program at "Catch-Up TV" from xinmsn...    Its heart wrenching to see people suffering in different parts of the world, but at the same time, there are also people wasting resources in some other parts of the world...
Last month, I visited my friend during Chinese New Year.  All the lighting, air conditioning and fans were switched on but nobody was using them.  Her parents were around, otherwise I would have told her off.
We are too fortunate and take things for granted easily....I must also constantly remind myself not to take things for granted..
Although those vagrants in the video did not have a place where they can call home, and can barely feed themselves but they are not stingy in giving some money to those who are worse off than them.   This spirit of giving touch my heart.   It is indeed a great blessing to be able to give and share.   
I notice the founder of Kkottongnae cultivates loving kindness to all, regardless of who the person is.   It doesn't matter who you are, where you are from and what religion you believe in.  All it takes, is a big heart to give unconditional love to all, and see everyone as an equal individual with no judgements involved.   However, this is not easy at all.   People who needs help does not need people to pity them.  All they need is a helping hand and respect to get them back on their feet. 

Website of Kkottongnae

No comments:

Post a Comment