Monday 27 August 2018

9 Nov 2017 - Grilled eels for dinner with 재영

Meeting 재영 for dinner and I told him I wanna eat grilled eels 장어구이.
 I think he chose a great place becos the eels were already ready for grilling.  

You dun see the slaughtering done in front of you. 
You know some places have open concept kitchen to show you their ingredients are fresh.
I could not bring myself to eat if I have to witness how the eels were slaughtered....
This was the place and they have Korean beef for bbq too.


This is what I meant.
The price of the eels are stated on the stickers.
We ordered a pack with three eels.
2 plain ones and 1 with sauce (양념).
I heard 재영 mentioned to the 아줌마, 
소금(salted) for the plain ones but they were not salty at all.
He would not let me see the price but I managed to catch a glimpse of the price.
 I think it was not more than 70000 won.
The 아줌마 sliced and grilled the eels slightly before bringing them out for us to grill further.
 


Any idea what is this??
재영 told me these were the spines of the eels!
So shocked to hear that.
된장찌게 at 3000 won.
I think they get burnt easily but 재영 was pretty good in bbq lol
Hmmmmm...in Korea drama, you will always hear that the tail of the eel is good for the guys.
Is that really true???
I don't believe lol
This was sooooo delicious!!
재영 taught me to eat with the ginger slices and sauce.
Omgggg....I cannot forget the taste.
This was the first time I had ginger in Korean food (excluding those ginger for marinates).
I did not know Koreans eat this with ginger.
When 재영 told me 3 pieces of eels were actually not a lot and he was very very right!!

Personally, I prefer the plain ones to the one with sauce.
About 5 mins walk from Jamsilsaenae Station, exit 4 to the restaurant.
I will be back!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the good food places Yun! I am from Singapore too and just like you, I love Korea! I should be going in Sept and Dec this year. If you are going then, who knows, we could meet up for a meal. Please keep sharing and would love to know accommodation recommendations too. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane, thanks for dropping by my blog. I am going back in Nov :P Enjoy your trips!

      Delete