Sunday 4 May 2014

24 Mar 2014 - Getting to 두물머리 Dumulmeori and Zelkova trees

With some discomfort in my stomach, I set off for 양수리 Yangsu-ri. I have looked forward to this day trip for a long time, and will be very disappointed if I did not get to visit the place this time. Took the subway from Hapjeong Station to Yangsu Station. The journey should take about 75mins but I took longer than that cos the subway stopped at Deokso Station for at least 5 mins with some announcements in Korean. I did not pay attention to the announcement and probably won't understand even if I did. Was it Deokso Station or was it Dosim Station?? I think it was Deokso Station. Anyway, just take note. Something tells me its not right, and I thought to myself should I get off at Deokso Station?? I didn't get off and that was a mistake. The subway took the reverse journey back to Yangjeong Station. Hence, I got off at Yangjeong Station and went to the next platform for the subway to Yangsu Station. This was the second time I experienced a reverse subway ride during my solo trips in Korea. It will be good to have the same announcement in English and perhaps Mandarin, isn't it??
Saw this on the subway heading to Yangsu Station.
My plan was to cycle from Yangsu Station to Paldang Station becos online infor stated that the stretch from Yangsu Station to Paldang Station is the most beautiful.
It was almost noon when I reached Yangsu Station. 너무 더워 So hot but at the same time, I was thankful for the great weather and most thankful that I made it here! I saw two bike rental shops near Yangsu Station. This one is right in front of Yangsu station, exit 1.  
This road is in front of exit 1, beside the bike rental shop.
I started to hesitate about cycling becos it was sooo hot ㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎ
Ehhh...I didn't see anyone cycling here...feeling scared *Start making excuses*
두물머리 Dumulmeori refers to the place where 북한 Bukhangang and 남한강 Namhangang meet. 
Yangsu Station is marked by the yellow circle. 
A big thanks to KTO(Korea) for providing me with this map ^^
정말 감사합니다!
So did I went cycling???
Errmmm...I decided to give up on my plan to cycle....
You will see these signages somewhere on your left when you exit from Yangsu Station, exit 1. 
Walk straight down as directed by the map above ie towards the direction of 세미원 Semiwon.
Walk straight until you reach this junction.
Cross the road and turn to your right as shown. 
Keep on walking straight after you turn right.
You will see this as you keep on walking.
It takes about 8 mins from Yangsu Station to reach here.
It felt so nice just by walking along this road ^^
Niceeeee ^^
You will see this signage after you passed the river..
Turn left as directed.
두물머리 Dumulmeori is 0.9KM away.

It took me around 11 mins from Yangsu Station to reach here.

No comments:

Post a Comment