Sunday 17 April 2022

24 Mar 2022 - A trip to the Gangnam-gu Community Health Centre 강남구보건소

I booked my arrival PCR at Incheon airport at 8.30am but I was able to clear immigration earlier.
Upon collecting my luggage, I was guided to the PCR centre.
Everything was done very smoothly and fast. 
By 8.29am, I was on the taxi to my accommodation.
Just go to the taxi counter shown in the picture, tell them your destination and type of taxi you preferred.
I took the normal type to Gangnam area (opposite COEX) and the fare was 65100won.
Got tested at 8.17am and the result was out at 10.34am ^^
Finally, everything feels real!!

I took a bus to the nearest health centre, Gangnam-gu Community Health Centre 강남구보건소 to have my vaccination records registered.

No queue when I was there.

A note given to me at the airport when the staff checked my documents.
Although there was no need to scan QR code anymore when entering supermarkets, restaurants etc, I just wanted to register my vaccination status. 
Nevertheless, I was given only this paper certification.
The staff who attended to me at the Health Centre did not speak much English.
I showed him the COOV app and he said I can only register in this app if I had an alien identity no.
I confirmed with him a few times and he was very sure.
Hmmm...so was the information given on the paper on the website insufficient/wrong?
I was kinda disappointed becos I wanted my vaccination status to be registered in the app :(

He gave me this note to understand better..................
He also added that if my Korean contact number is changed, I have to update the centre again, not via website..............

Anyway, whatever I have shared here was what I have encountered during my travel period. 
The regulations keep changing, so please read and update yourself with the latest news from the relevant authorities. 


No comments:

Post a Comment