Sunday 27 October 2013

5 Oct 2013 - Hot Hot Hot lunch

I wanted to introduce Jjimdak to the couple and since I had 봉추찜닭 Bongchu Jjimdak before, I thought of having 열봉찜닭 Yeolbong Jjimdak. There is a branch for Bongchu Jjimdak in Insadong, which is somewhere behind the National Souvenir Centre. You can check with the Information Centre on this. We were at Insadong and the nearest branch for Yeolbong Jjimdak is at Jongno Tower(Jonggak Station ,exit 3). We can either walk over or take the subway. I chose the first option since we were somewhere near the second Information Centre.. The first Information Centre was about 2 mins walk from Anguk Station, exit 6. The green dotted line in the picture is the commonly known Insadong main street where you find all the souvenir shops and eateries. By the way, it was a very hot afternoon. We were so surprised with the hot sunny weather. Isn't it supposed to be Autumn?? So so hot that I told 개 I can feel the heat on my skin.........Wooooooooo...
Anyway, Jongno Tower is quite prominent from far. Here's a picture of the building from 
Wikipedia for easy identification.

Managed to locate it without much difficulties. 
It took us about 10-15 mins from the second Information Centre to reach here.
 This branch at Jongno Tower is located at the basement floor.


Unlike 봉추찜닭 Bongchu Jjimdak, you have an option to choose the types of glass noodles and the degree of spiciness you want. You can choose thin or fat glass noodles. We chose thin noodles.  Four degree of spiciness to chose. First degree is not spicy at all. Second degree is a little spicy. Fourth degree being the most spicy. We opted for the second degree and we ended up with sausage lips ㅋㅋㅋ  We do eat spicy food in SG but this was quite spicy for us. We were going "Su Su Kyo"(A sound expression in Hokkien) becos it was spicy and hot. Yes, it was very warm inside the restaurant. The air con temperature was maintained at 26 degree celsius and at one point of time, it went up to 27 degree celsius! My goodness....Jo was perspiring badly and we were gulping down ice water ㅎㅎㅎ We made a mistake by taking the medium size Jjimdak. We should have chosen small size although they indicated small is good for 2 person. Medium size Jjimdak is using one whole chicken. Jaws dropped when we saw the big plate in front of us. We loved the potatoes, glass noodles and chicken. I ordered rice becos I knew it will be a regret if I didn't. The gravy together with rice tasted so heavenly...
I forgot to take a picture of the menu and receipt. Besides Jjimdak, Yeolbong Jjimdak also have other chicken dishes on their menu. If I did not remember wrongly, the medium size Jjimdak and two bowls of 공기밥  rice cost KRW29000. 

After a satisfying lunch, we went to Lotte Mart at Seoul Station cos I wanted to buy some drinks and body cleanser. Boa Guest House provides shampoo and body cleanser but I always prefer to get my own. 



No comments:

Post a Comment