Friday 10 August 2012

18 April 2012 - 정원순두부 Jungwon Soondubu for dinner

I took the subway back to Euljiro 1(il)ga and walked around Myeongdong before dinner. I passed by a stall selling 닭꼬치 Dak-kkochi. If I am not wrong, there is only one stall selling this in Myeongdong. Its opposite 8seconds. I wanted to eat this but the queue was pretty long, so I gave up the thought and proceed to 정원순두부 Jungwon Soondubu for dinner. Yup! I happened to spot an outlet in Myeongdong!! Woohoooo!!

Guess where it was located??!!  It was located just right beside the hotel I was staying!!  Metro Hotel!!!!  Omgg..it was so near, yet so far...Remember I tried searching for it at City Hall, exit 9?  After going round the place a few times but only to find that it was closed ㅠㅠ  I happened to notice this outlet on the previous night just before I stepped into the hotel.  It was dark and the building was black in colour, so I didn't really take notice of it whenever I went back to the hotel.  I was so happy to be able to spot it before I fly back to Singapore...



I noticed a basket of eggs was placed on each table.  Does that mean free flow of eggs??  ㅋㅋㅋ

It was my first time to see TteokBokkI 떡볶이 being served as a banchan 반찬.  Woww...I would be so full after eating this meal!   한국 음식 너무좋아. I love Korean food but I don't know why I just don't fancy 떡볶이 at all.  I prefer our fried carrot cake!  ㅎㅎㅎ


I'm happy to see this as one of the banchan!  Yes, I loved this! 이것 너무좋아!

Hehehee...I put my rice into the soup ^^  너무 맛있어요!! They have a few versions of Soondubu jjigae.  I ordered beancurd with pork. Of course, I didn't go for "egg buffet".  I only add one egg into my jjigae but I'm still curious whether there's any charges for additional egg added. The menu comes with English translation ^^ Oh, they also have Samgyeopsal 삼겹살 on the menu.
* Picture captured by my iphone using Instagram

I can't remember how much I paid for this meal but I think it was less than KRW8,000.  Not expensive. I asked the manager if the outlet at City Hall was closed and I related my experience to him. He said it shouldn't be closed on that day I went.  He also told me the outlet at City Hall was their main branch.  They operate 6 days a week.

Dragging myself back to my hotel room...
Last night in Korea...sob...

My final itinerary for this trip will be breakfast at Namdaemun Kalguksu Alley before I check out the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment