Saturday 31 December 2011

27 Oct 2011 - The White Rabbit & PS cafe (Singapore)


I reached Singapore on 25th Oct and I was still in my "Korea mode" till now. I am very happy because I can get to see 재 again in Singapore today. He wanted to check out Dempsey so off we went to Dempsey.   Ermmm...although I am a 100% Singaporean but I have never been to Dempsey before ㅎㅎㅎ  

Both of us preferred bus as our mode of transport so we took bus no. 7 to Dempsey. Somehow, we missed our stops and overshot all the way to Clementi!   Dempsey was not that far from Clementi. I suggested taking a taxi to Dempsey because the restaurant I had in mind would be closed if we had waited for our bus.  Forgot to explain to Jae that certain restaurants in Singapore will be closed after the last order for lunch time and it will be reopened at around 6pm.  During this period of closing, it is known as split shift to the waiters and waitresses. 

I brought him to "The White Rabbit" at Harding road. The place was a restored old chapel and located off Dempsey but it was within walking distance to the cafes and restaurants at Dempsey.  I chose "The White Rabbit" because it looks place with nice ambiance from most of the online reviews. 
*Picture captured by my iphone using Instagram
I have never stepped into a chapel before, so it was a different kind of experience when I first stepped into the restaurant.  Somehow I lost the 'feel' when the waiter told us its going to the last order as they were going to close at 2.30pm. I should have checked the operating hours before coming.... 재, 정말 미안.
We ordered the set lunch which consists of three courses, ie starter, main dish and dessert.  Although this was not fine dinning but I was not used to it. Luckily, I have a good companion with me  ^^  I was not sure what's good to order so we decided to order according to the waiter's recommendation. 

The White Rabbit Mac and Cheese. 
You must not eat this too slowly because cheese taste better when its warm ^^
Braised oxtails
We never knew ox tail can be so big. 
The actual ox tail looked bigger than what was reflected in this picture.
Jae stacked up the bones to take a picture. 
I thought that stacked up bones looked like a tower  ㅋㅋㅋ
I think it was ice cream inside.
This was nice!  I like this a lot  ^^

We didn't leave by the entrance where we came from. This was the back of the restaurant.  I liked this canopy of bamboo!  Reminds me of Damyang bamboo forest ㅋㅋㅋ 
*Picture captured by my iphone using Instagram

My overall experience at "The White Rabbit"?  Well, I wouldn't say the food were super duper delicious.  The food was not bad but it could be better since it was recommended by the waiter. Personally, I felt the place will look and feel better if the plants/trees are taller....hahahahaa...I really mean it but its just my personal opinion because the plants looked too young and tender to create an ambience of the place. Nevertheless, the ambience was still quite nice.  It was an experience for me and most importantly, its the companionship that matters to me  ^^
We walked to Dempsey and decided to have a cup of tea at PS cafe. It was raining the whole afternoon, otherwise it would be nice to take the outdoor seating..
I can't remember the name of our beverage but my impression of 재's beverage was  a boost of Vitamin C ㅋㅋㅋ 
Saw the map in this picture?  Its good for him to come prepared!  Hmm...I cannot be counted on especially at certain time of the day ㅋㅋㅋ  Hahahaa.......its a "secret" that I "discovered" by chance when I was in Korea...
I don't make a good local guide. Felt apologetic towards 재 for leading the wrong directions and not being able to recognise the way/buildings. This happened a few times that day ㅎㅎㅎ I am soooo ashamed of myself.  Although we missed our bus stops and had to figure out how to get to our destinations, I truly enjoyed every moment with him around. At certain point of time, I felt I was the tourist while he was the host ㅎㅎㅎ so so paiseh(hokkien). "Paiseh" means "embarrassed"..

No comments:

Post a Comment