Sunday 13 April 2014

20 Mar 2014 - Buying ferry ticket at 통영유람선터미널 Tongyeong Excursion Ship Terminal

Saw this poster just before I enter the terminal.
 They were everywhere ㅋㅋㅋ
You will see a few shops on the first level selling local products such as seaweeds/kelp, dried shrimps, anchovies etc. Take the stairs up to second floor to buy your ticket.
They were everywhere...
I managed to buy my tickets ^^  KRW29500 includes return trip. It was like buying a bus ticket, I need not tell the counter staff what time I wanted.  They will allocate me with the next available timing. The earliest timing for the day was 10am and it will take 40mins to reach Jangsado. 
I asked the counter staff what is the departure time from Jangsado back to the ship terminal. She asked her colleagues and told me it will be 12.40pm cos visitors will only have 2 hours on the island. I thought I heard wrongly and asked her again, "Only 2 hours?? I can't stay longer??"  She shook her head and said, "Only two hours." The staff there do not speak much English but they understood what I wanted.  The timetable may be different on other days. You may want to check the timetable again.
No English translation at all. 
Everything was in Korean.
Admission fees to 까멜리아장사도해상공원 Jangsado Camellia Marine Park per adult is KRW8500.

If I am not wrong, I should refer to row no. 2. Ship departing from Tongyeong Excursion Ship Terminal at 10am, with a return trip ticket that cost KRW21000 for adults. I paid $29500 for return trip tickets(KRW 21000) including the admission fees(KRW8500). Duration to tour the park is ONLY 2 hours. The ship will depart from Tongyeong Excursion Ship Terminal at 10am and coming back from Jangsado at 12.40pm. It will take about 40mins to reach Jangsado and an hour from Jangsado back to Tongyeong Excursion Ship Terminal. I am not sure how 3 hrs 30 mins come about..
With reference to row no. 1, it seems like there is a cruise to Jangsado as well but the ticket is slightly more expensive and duration on the island is 1hr 50mins.

This is what I have been looking for before my trip.
However, I am not sure if this timetable is applicable for smaller ship or cruise.

This timetable may not be the same throughout the year. 
I am not sure.

They were everywhere ^^


1 comment:

  1. i feel like want to take 1 of the poster back home LOL

    ReplyDelete