Sunday 20 April 2014

My attempts to cook ㅋㅋㅋ

Here are some outdated posts on my attempts to try a few dishes over the past two weeks ㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎ

잡채 Japchae. I browsed through a few online recipes and tried this dish. Omg...Korean Japchae requires a lot of work compared to our Chinese version of fried tanghoon! Wahahahaa I still don't understand why Koreans prepare the ingredients separately and mixed everything together in a separate bowl using hands. Why don't they mixed everything in the wok/frying pan and serve it hot? I need enlightenment on this ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
Actually, I wanted to take the easy way out by mixing all the ingredients with the dangmyeon aka tanghoon in the wok. I didn't do that in the end. I stick to the Korean way of cooking Japchae and I was pretty satisfied with the end result ^^
I tried cooking 북어국 Dried Pollock Soup using the recipe from Maangchi. It was not difficult at all!  Much more easy than cooking Japchae ㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎ I added a lot of sesame oil becos I love sesame oil. 
Satisfied ^^

Fried Chicken?  그래 ^^
Recipe is taken from Maangchi
Preparing the sweet, spicy and sticky sauce.

Done!
Mum and sis said not bad but I find there's a lot to be improved!
Stir frying Kimchi in a pot. 
Oh, any idea to what I was trying to cook??
Next, I added some rice.
Followed by the broth which I cooked earlier(using anchovies and kelp), together with some kimchi broth as well.
I added some chopped squid a few minutes before I switch off the gas so that the squid taste chewy. Last but not least, some sesame oil and a bit of 멸치 액젓 anchovy sauce to add flavour.
오징어 김치 죽 My Kimchi Squid Porridge.
I added some dried laver, sesame seeds and spring onions as garnishing.
Actually, I always prefer my porridge to be more watery but I love my 오징어 김치 죽 ㅎㅎㅎ
A big thanks to Aeri for her wonderful recipe on Kimchi Juk for reference.
You can guess what dish is this, isn't it?
Browsed through a few online recipes.
I used pork belly, onions and potatoes.
Basically, I prefer my 짜장면 to be simple.
 Don't like 짜장면 with too many ingredients and don't like my 짜장면 to taste sweet.
Added the sauce, a bit of brown sugar and some water mixed with corn starch.
This picture was taken before adding 3 cups of water.
I cooked the noodles and ran through it with cold water several times.
Somehow I feel my 짜장면 is more like spaghetti LOL
My parents said it tasted fine but I am so very NOT satisfied.
Something is not right somewhere but I am not sure where!!
It lacks the oily texture that I like; not that oily if you know what I mean.
Ermmm...now it feels like our black Hokkien mee LOL
Foreigners, if you want to know how our black Hokkien mee looks like, click Black Hokkien Mee for a better idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment