Saturday 9 November 2013

8 Oct 2013 - Good morning!

Itinerary for the day was a morning city tour to DMZ with the couple.
My morning started off with a bowl of cereal at the guest house.
Boa Guesthouse provides daily free breakfast.
Its a simple breakfast but you are free to use the utensils to cook eggs. 
  
Fresh milk is kept in the fridge.
Very thoughtful of them to provide 4 toasters.
 Guests need not wait long if there's a lot of people using the toasters.



I thought this was the most interesting thing in the kitchen.
My first time to see a ramen cooker...Hahahaa very "frog in the well".

I saw a piece of good news from KTO a week before my trip. There were many city tours to DMZ. I did not research a lot on DMZ city tours but I chose to register with Seoul City Tour becos firstly, the tour bus will run regularly regardless of the number of passengers. Secondly, it cost only KRW41000 if I have more than three people. I emailed my enquiries and confirmed my reservation via mail@seoulcitytour.net. Their reply was clear and prompt. The couple joined me in this trip to DMZ so we paid KRW41000 each ^^  We were allowed to pay by cash on the day when we met up with the tour guide. No deposits was required from us. They also accept credit card payment on the day of tour.  The lady who replied my email told me that the tour bus will pick me up at my guest house. Whereas for the couple, the tour bus will pick them up at City Hall station, exit 6 becos she couldn't locate their hotel. This was not a problem becos exit 6 is near to their hotel.  Everything was confirmed and arranged before I reached Seoul.

It was drizzling in the morning and this mini tour bus picked up me up at 8.20am, which was 20 mins later than what was arranged. There were other tourists on the same bus and it was fully packed. I was a bit shocked when I did not see the couple on the bus becos Jo sms me a while ago that they were already on the bus. The guy who picked me up told me that this was just a temporary arrangement, and I will be joining my friends on a bigger bus soon. This was not mentioned to me in the email..

We alighted somewhere near Hongik Univ bus Stop(near to Hongik Univ Station, exit 1).

Exploring the bus routes while waiting for the coach...
We got on a tour coach about 10 mins later.
Glad to see the couple again ㅎㅎ
Coach set off at 8.37am.

No comments:

Post a Comment