Thursday 28 June 2012

14 April 2012 - Getting to 경희대학교 Kyunghee University

Yup. Its the same breakfast spread but I still find the food was really ok ^^  I liked the seaweed rice ball.  Does it have a name for it??   It looks easy to make.  Maybe I can try making it one day ^^
Well, the itinerary for the day was to check out 
Kyunghee University, Hongik University Street Art and Hongdae flea market.  I wanted to visit Kyunghee University becos it was one of the recommended place in Seoul to see cherry blossom.

I took the subway from Euljiro 1(il)-ga, line 2 to Hoegi station for Kyunghee University. Since Hoegi station was on line 1 towards the direction of Soyosan station, I had to transfer at Wangsimni station. Trying to locate the signboard for line 1 but I just couldn't find it. As I walked towards the end of the platform, I saw this signboard with Hoegi as one of the station. This line is called the Jungang line. I took the escalator up as directed....
...and I saw this signboard indicating line 1.  Its a bit confusing to me but I was glad to find the right way...  


Many people were standing here but they started to move away when they saw me taking this picture. 

You can see there's nobody standing towards at the other section of the platform.  Don't ask me why...I have no idea.  Perhaps its something like line 9?


Reached Hoegi station, exit 1.  Walk straight from here. 

Follow the directional sign to get to the university.
Cross the road to reach 7-11.   Just follow the signboard and walk straight. 

Cross the road to get to the right hand side. Follow the red arrow as shown in the picture and walk straight again.

Just keep on walking.  Along the way, you will see shops selling clothings and some eating outlets.



Just keep on walking straight.  The university is not far from here.  You can actually see the entrance of the university from here as shown by the red arrow.



Yup.  That's the entrance of  Kyunghee University. It took me about 15mins to reach here from Hoegi station.

Saw "Biya" when I was crossing the road. I heard "Biya" was popular for its 부대찌개 Budae jjigae. "Biya" was also one of the eating places in my itinerary. I will save this place when I visit the neighbourhood of Anam in the next few days ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment