Monday 6 May 2013

9th April 2013 - 오늘의 아침 식사 ^^

Itinerary for the day includes 만장굴 Manjanggul, 성선일줄봉 Seongsan Ilchulbong and 섭지코지 Seopjikoji. 예. 난 기억할 수있다. 섭지코지 입니다 소지섭아닙니다 >_< Only one person in this whole world know why I said this ㅎㅎㅎ  


I decided to have a good breakfast somewhere near my hotel before I took the bus to Jeju City Bus Terminal. Walked out from my hotel. I turned right instead of left as what I did for the past two days.

To cut my story short, I walked straight for about 5mins after turning right.
The green arrow shows the eatery where I had my breakfast. 

It was about 8.30am and most of the nearby eateries were not open yet. I spotted this eatery selling 콩나물국밥 Kongnamul Gukbap. Great! I always wanted to try this Korean dish. It is also known as a common cure for hangover but I heard that it is not really helpful. 

Cross the road to get to the eatery.잠깐 만요! Is the markings still valid?

I like the ambience of this eatery ^^



The first dish on the menu is 콩나물국밥 Kongnamul Gukbap ie Beansprout rice with soup.
The second dish is 흑돼지불고기 
Dwaeji Bulgogi ie Black Pork Bulgogi.
 In this case, it is grilled and served in a plate.

The third dish is 데친 오깅어 Daejin Ojingeo ie poached squid.
 Hmmm...I wonder how will it taste. Will it be bland? 

The fourth item on the menu is 모주 Moju.
 I think it is a kind of drink and I got the answer from KTO.
 Moju is said to go well with kongnamul gukbap.
Oh dear, all the dishes look good to me! 어떻게??

I finally decide to order 흑돼지불고기 Dwaejibulgogi since I didn't get to eat my bbq black pork last night *Wink  
I love seaweed and they actually gave two packets as the banchan!! The lady who attended to me was very nice. I pointed the second dish on the menu to her. She smiled and nodded her head but came back shortly with another menu in Japanese/Chinese translations(I can't remember). Hahahaaa..she made sure that I ordered the right food. 감사합니다.  Most of the customers in the eatery ordered 콩나물국밥 Kongnamul Gukbap.  Ermm...Was it too early for me to eat 흑돼지불고기 Dwaejibulgogi??  ㅎㅎㅎ  
There were two Korean men drinking 막걸리 Makgeolli and eating 콩나물국밥 Kongnamul Gukbap on the next table.  Both of them looked drunk...hahahaaa...I understand why 재 told me it is not really helpful for hangover ㄱㄱㄱ

This is really yummy!!! Much better than the grilled pork I ate at Seongbukdong Dwaejigalbijip last year. The serving  here was very generous and the meat was much more succulent, as compared to the grilled pork at Seongbukdong Dwaejigalbijip 성북동 돼지갈비집. Oh yes, I love the soup here as well! Till now, I only dare to eat the green chillies when they are cut into slices. I still dare not eat the whole thing ㄱㄱㄱ


No comments:

Post a Comment