Wednesday 3 July 2013

15th April 2013 - 백반 for lunch ^^

I checked out the hotel at 9.30 am and requested the hotel to call a taxi for me to the airport. This time, I need to pay a surcharge of KRW1000, I think. 미안. I can't recall the amount. The taxi uncle was a funny chap. He thought I was from China and was surprised that I could speak Mandarin. 아저씨 was very enthusiastic to learn Mandarin becos he asked me to teach him to pronounce certain words. He also know the four tones ie 漢語拼音!! I was so impressed! He even stopped his taxi twice, to write down what I taught him. As he stopped by the side of the road, my heart goes,"Erhhhh..아저씨...your meter is still running....". I can see he is really a keen learner becos he showed me his book where he practised how to write the Chinese characters. He told me he likes Mandarin a lot and he learnt from his passengers from China. Keep it up, 아저씨!! 화이팅!!

Reached Yeosu Airport.  A quiet airport.


Reminds me of Rotiboy ㄱㄱㄱ

My flight to Gimpo Airport departs at 11.15am.  I still have time for lunch ^^

  1. 육계장 Yukgaejang 
  2. 알밥 Albap (Rice with fish roe)
  3. 야채라면 Yachae Ramyeon (Vegetable Ramyeon)
  4. 백반 Baekban
  5. 된장찌게 Doenjang jjigae  (Soybean paste stew)
  6. 김치찌개 Kimchi jjigae
Guess what I ordered?



Its 백반 of course ^^
The lady told me today is curry for the Baekban.
This is the first time I tried 카레 백반.
  There is no meat except a few pieces of potato and carrot in the curry.
Hmmm..I still prefer our Chinese curry ㅎㅎㅎ
Overall, I enjoyed this meal ^^

Its almost time to go to the gate.  
While I looked forward to go to Seoul, I felt sad to leave becos I like Yeosu. 
Hope to be back again. 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Yoon,
    I stumble upon your blog while researching for my trip in Oct, found lots of good infos. Thanks!
    I have a question to ask, in some of your post, you mentioned that you wrote to KTO for infos. May I have the email address you wrote to?
    Thanks and keep up with the infos! :)

    kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kat,
    thanks for dropping by. Simply go to KTO website. Scroll down the page and you will see the "Webmaster". Send your questions to the webmaster ^^

    ReplyDelete