Sunday 29 December 2013

18 Oct 2013 - My third cup of 고구마 라떼

The itinerary for the day was a visit to 일자산 허브천문공원 Mt.Iljasan Herb Astronomy Park and 몽촌도성 Mongchon Earthern Fortress. However, before that I went to Myeongdong to get something first.  Took a bus from my guest house to Myeongdong this time becos I wanted to experience the bus ride. Yeah. I had lots of time to spare ㅎㅎㅎ 
I got on bus no. 604 at 9.37am. There were English and Korean vocal announcements of the bus stops names on the bus ^^ Oh, was that the old Seoul Station? 
Some notes I made for myself :
Passed by Sogang University at 9.40am.
Passed by Daeheung Subway station at 9.43am.

Reached bus stop for Seoul Station at 10am.
Reached Namdaemun market at 10.05am.

Ah haaa!
Reached 명동 입구 Myeongdong Entrance at 10.09am.
This bus stop is next to Myeongdong station, exit 4.
Exit 5 and 6 are just across the road. 
Boa told me the exchange rates given by banks are better than private money changers. She said Woori Bank at Seoul Station has the best rates. Was it Woori Bank??? I think so. I did not went to check it out though. Since I was at Myeongdong, I went to check out the rates at the different banks. Rate from 우리은행 Woori Bank was 839. Rate from 신한은행 Shinhan Bank was 844. Rate from Standard Chartered was 841. Just for comparison purposes, I went to ask a money changer near Standard Chartered. The rate given to me was 840. The exchange rate when I changed my money in SG was 843 and that was a few days before my trip. 

Few days back when I was in Myeongdong changing my Sing dollars, the rate given by most of the private money changers was 840. Usually, I don't go around checking the rates since I am not changing a lot. However, I was lucky to came across a money changer who quoted me the rate of 851!! Yes. In Myeongdong as well but located alleys apart from those who quoted me 840. I thought I heard wrongly but no. That was such a big difference, isn't it??  Ermmm...I did not take picture of this money changer and does not remember where his shop was located..

Something caught my attention ^^
I saw my 고구마 라떼 Sweet Potato Latte ^^



My third cup of 고구마 라떼 for this trip ^^
This was the best out of the three.
The right taste and the right temperature for me ㅋㅋㅋ
Seattle Coffee was located near exit 5 of Euljiro 1-ga station.

No comments:

Post a Comment