Monday 3 December 2012

14 Oct 2012 - Dinner at Chuncheon Myeongdong Dakgalbi Alley


This was the place where I had my Dakgalbi for dinner.



Wear my apron first before I start "cooking" ^^

I was given the portion for one person. Initially, I was still a bit worried that I couldn't finish all the food becos I always thought they will give a standard portion regardless of the number of people



Most of the time, 이모 was the one who did the cooking ㅋㅋㅋ

I think you got to tell 이모 in the beginning if you want to add rice. I would love to add rice into my Dakgalbi but procrastinated becos I was not sure whether I could finish the rice.  

Can't wait to eat!

잘 먹고!!
Strangely, I like the 떡볶이 Tteokbokki. If you have been following my blog, you will know that I don't really like 떡볶이. In fact, I hardly eat them. However, this 떡볶이 was delicious! Perhaps I preferred 떡볶이 cooked in this manner??

I was halfway through when 이모 came along and added a plate of udon into my dakgalbi! Oh oh...I don't like udon cos I don't like thick noodles. I like thin noodles. Well, I still finish up the udon becos the overall taste was still quite yummy ^^
I couldn't remember how much I paid for this meal.  Was it KRW11000 or KRW10000??

Ermmm...This was my dessert!  I saw Cold Stone on my way back, and decided to go for my second round of ice cream ㅋㅋㅋ  Decided to walk back to Chuncheon station becos I was feeling guilty to eat so much ice cream within a day.  I lost my way becos I was too engrossed in my ice cream.  Fortunately, I met a kind 아저씨 who gave me the direction back to the train station.  아저씨 감사합니다!

3 comments:

  1. hi, happen to see your blog. I have eaten dakgalbi many yrs back during the package tour to Korea. Miss this dish alot. May i know the location and direction of the restaurant? Thank you. Jeel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie, this restaurant was randomly selected simply becos the lady boss was smiling at me! Hahahaa...Chuncheon is well known for dakgalbi and they have this whole Dakgalbi Alley selling dakgalbi. You may want to check out my post on http://happydalki.blogspot.sg/2012/12/14-oct-2012-disappointment.html.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for late response ..Thanks a lot for the detailed info via your link. Will try to go there if I have the time when i go to Seoul end of Apr.

    ReplyDelete