Sunday 13 November 2011

17 Oct 2011 - Getting across Yangwha bridge to Seonyudo Park

After breakfast at Dunkin Donuts, I took the subway to Hapjeong Station. Itinerary for today is Seonyudo park, 63 Building, Hangang Park and Yeouido Park.

There are several ways to get to Seonyudo Park.  I chose to get off at Hapjeong Station, exit 8 because I thought I can have a good view of the Hangang river. I saw this statue on my right after walking one minute from exit 8.  

I walked pass the statue and continue to walk straight.

The information I got was to take a 20 mins walk across Yangwha Bridge. So is this Yangwha bridge? The engravings reflected 楊花大桥, so I supposed this should be Yangwha bridge.
So I walked on further...

Emm.....이것은 무슨 뜻 이죠?   모르겠어요..... I looked ahead to see if there's anyone walking on the bridge. Yes, there were a few passers-by and cyclists, so I assumed I can walk across the bridge...  

My legs got weak when I got to this point of the bridge....I stopped....
Oh god. Do I really have to cross over??? 

Looking down on my right side of the bridge...Omg...To go forward or to turn back, and alight at another subway station to get to Seonyudo Park???  You must be wondering what's wrong with me.  I am terrified of heights. This is too much for me especially when it reminded me of the scene in Final Destination 5, where the bridge collapsed ..

It did not occur to me that I will have a problem to cross Yangwha Bridge.
After 5 mins of consideration....ok, I will proceed on...
Looking at this construction work further reminds me of Final Destination 5 ㅠㅠ  ya...I know....this is really peanut compared to the bridge in the movie. To someone who is terrified of heights, this is really scary to me.. 



Embarking on my journey.......
Halfway there....
Salute myself that I can still take pictures. I quickly snap a few shots and continued to walk on. You bet I was damn scared and have been chanting prayers in my heart as I walked. Exaggerating?? No..Not at all. Keep reminding myself not to look down. The wind was super duper strong and icy cold.  So cold that I could no longer feel my fingers. They felt like ice pops to me..

The most scary part to me was the construction area.

I think I was walking at the speed of 0.5Km/hr....

Taking the subway allows a quick glance of the Hangang river. 
Was that the route between Dangsan Station and Hapjeong Station?

Finally....I reached the other end of the bridge...it seemed like forever to me...

Continue to walk straight and you will see the entrance of the Seonyudo Park.



No comments:

Post a Comment