Saturday 9 May 2020

12 April 2018 - Disappointing trip to 경포대 벚꽃축제 Gyeongpo Cherry Blossom Festival 2018

After lunch at 동화가든, I took a taxi at 12.11pm to Gyeongpo Lake where the cherry blossoms would be.......
But I told the taxi driver to send me to 경포대 Gyeongpodae Pavilion which would be an easier landmark to alight.
The taxi driver dropped me off at this bus stop.
Behind the bus stop was the so called the venue for Gyeongpo Cherry Blossom Festival.
I took a short walk to the festival ground.
Very few people....you will know why later...
Anyway, I reached here at 12.10pm. 

Taxi fare was 4200 won, with a starting fare of 2800 won.
That is the 경포대 Gyeongpodae Pavilion.
잠깐만.....
Where are my cherry blossoms??????!!
I can imagine how beautiful it would be when this tree is in full bloom.


View from the pavilion.
That building from far...Does it reminds you of a certain landmark in SG? LOL
I think that is Skybay Hotel.
Actually, the main reason why I came to Gangneung was for the Gyeongpo Cherry Blossom Festival.
The festival was supposed to be from 6 April till 12 April 2018 and the lake surrounds would be lined with cherry blossoms.
But what happen to all the flowers 
ㅠㅠ ㅠㅠ ㅠㅠ
I want to cry already....

I think I know why there were very few people at the festival grounds...cos all the flowers were gone....
ㅠㅠ ㅠㅠ ㅠㅠ
ㅠㅠ ㅠㅠ ㅠㅠ
Take a look at this blog

The pictures was taken on 27 Mar 2018. 

The flowers bloomed and withered off too fast this year ㅠㅠ ㅠㅠ ㅠㅠ

And this blog shows the conditions of the flowers on 2 April 2018.
This one was posted on 9 April 2018 (not sure if the pictures was taken on 9 April though).
All that were left....
So hot but I still took a short walk by the lake................
ㅠㅠ ㅠㅠ ㅠㅠ ㅠㅠ ㅠㅠ ㅠㅠ

ㅠㅠ ㅠㅠ ㅠㅠ ㅠㅠ ㅠㅠ ㅠㅠ
ㅠㅠ ㅠㅠ ㅠㅠ ㅠㅠ ㅠㅠ ㅠㅠ
The festival ground once again...
View of 경포대 Gyeongpodae Pavilion from the lake.
Time to leave for my 3rd stop.
ㅠㅠ ㅠㅠ ㅠㅠ ㅠㅠ ㅠㅠ ㅠㅠ ㅠㅠ ㅠㅠ ㅠㅠ

Walked to this row of shops and bought some local banchan for my friends.
At 1.42pm, I took a taxi from here to my next stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment